Python is an interpretable, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It's often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme, Java, and Ruby.
What are the advantages of Python?
- Python offers a good structure and support for large application development.
- Easy to read - Python’s syntax strongly resembles English, it has clear rules and punctuation. That makes it easy to read and saves time for development. Moreover, being an interpretable language with an ideology similar to Java, an application written on Python is relatively easy to transfer to many other operating systems.
- Being an object-oriented language, Python's programs are quite compact. Python also contains simple constructions that are characteristic of the functional programming style that adds extra flexibility.
All these benefits make Python an attractive language for a large number of developers. The community of Python programmers around the world increases the resources and capabilities of the language. Python's interpreter and its extensive standard library are distributed free of charge and available on Python website.
What is the relevance of Python?
- Applications – desktop and web applications; games; 3D applications, and more;
- Network programming;
- Server management and automation;
- Used on different operating systems;
- Database queries – MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and other databases;
- Machine learning and development of artificial intelligence.
Alexander Todorov is a QA guru with over 1600 bugs reported, a Red Hat Certified Professional, general open source and Python hacker and an entrepreneur. His knowledge includes: manual and automated software testing with Python, Python Programming, Cloud Technology, Schell Scripting, Amazon Web Services.
View his full profile.