What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma combines the principles of Lean and Six Sigma – identification and optimization of critical and redundant processes in the organization. Lean Six Sigma aims to increase company revenue by improving its products and processes.
This is achieved through:
- analysis, measurement, control, and improvement of processes;
- elimination of unnecessary processes;
- optimization of the processes to the current needs of the organization;
- optimal allocation of resources;
- better Change Management;
- achieving consistent high quality and eliminating variations of the final product - physical, service or software.
Lean Six Sigma's approach has a wide range of applications, from manufacturing processes, logistics and retail to the IT industry. Lean Six Sigma can be used by project managers as well as IT managers to improve their service levels, reduce system downtime and optimize their processes.
The methodology is applicable in all areas and is particularly suitable for:
- people who are responsible for a process or group of processes;
- quality assurance specialists;
- product managers;
- project managers.
Learn how the Lean Six Sigma methodology could be useful for the business (in Bulgarian):